We haven’t tried to cover up that we strongly believe in integration. One of our product developers recently talked about how we’ve been working to boost our integration efforts. Now I’d like to mention a few of the reasons we believe so much in integration and how you can get the ball rolling yourself.
Why Integrate with Salesforce.com
Integrating with Salesforce.com is one of the best ways to go, since it has almost 70,000 customers. Customer relationship management and email marketing are certainly some of the strong points for Salesforce.com. There’s a new form of importing and exporting – and it doesn’t involve the outdated form of export/import. Nowadays, you can move data back and forth through the use of application programming interface, or API.
There are several ways you can integrate, and Salesforce.com usually leads the way in this type of activity. Some businesses often start their own user interface inside of Salesforce.com’s user interface. So we had to decide how we could get this type of setup to work as efficiently as possible, and how the different user interfaces could function together.
Keep it simple
We didn’t just look to ourselves for the answers. Our customers’ thoughts are always important to us, so we went to them and to the marketplace to get answers. One of the key questions boiled down to whether we should have an application experience within Salesforce.com when we already had something within eConnect Email.
After thoroughly researching the subject, we got the answers from customers and people who are in the know. We found that many customers wanted to be able to bring in their list of custom subscriber data into a new list with eConnect Email. Regardless of what type of campaign they had, they wanted it to be with eConnect Email. They also wanted information such as clicks and bounce rates to be in the contact record so they could find out that information quickly.
In other words, keep it simple.
What you need to do
1. Your part should only take a couple of minutes. First, log into your account and go to “My Account” in the top right-hand corner.
2. You should see a tab that says “Salesforce.com.” Click on that.
3. Enter your username and password and other security detail. You can ask your administrator if you don’t have that information immediately.
Using it is also pretty simple.
1. Make a new contact report within Salesforce.com and save it under “Personal Custom Reports.”
2. Under the “Contact” tab, click “Import” and select “Import From My Salesforce Account.” Choose from the list whichever one you’d like.
3. Send your campaign.
4. You’ll always have access to all of your statistics. You’ll also be sending the information to the individual lead.
For more information
Like we said, keep it simple. If you still need help, go to the Help Center, which is inside your account.
eConnect Email Team
Director of Business Development for eConnect Email, an email marketing software company. James enjoys spending time at the beach and traveling in his free time. Follow him on twitter @eConnectEmail